Monday, February 15, 2010

February/March Door Hanging

I wanted something to hang on my door for V-Day, but I hate making things that can only be used for a short amount of time. So I decided to kill two birds with one stone and came up with this:

nG>Ta-Da! A Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day door hanging!>

Here's a break-down:

  • 3 Wooden Hearts (from the dollar store): $3
  • Floral Moss: $1
  • Hot Glue: On Hand
  • Ribbon: On Hand
  • Paint: On hand
  • Total: $4!

I made this craft while watching Oprah with a friend, so I totally forgot to take pictures of how I did this. It was really simple though. I just

  1. Painted the hearts. You want to choose a color that is similar to the moss. I did Soft Black. *Remember to paint the back to give it a professional and finished feel (right, Mom?)
  2. Hot Glued the Moss onto painted hearts *DO USE ANOTHER GLUE BESIDES HOT GLUE! It doesn't work with the moss... trust me.
  3. Changed out the ugly ropes on the hearts with pretty ribbon
  4. Hot glued the ribbon to the back of the heart I wanted the hearts to hang from
  5. Added the big pink bow (I really wish I had more of that so it could have made more of a statement... )

Now sit back and take a break from decorating your door in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment