Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Decor

Just thought I'd post a few last minute ideas for decorating for Valentine's Day!

#1. Don't be afraid of pink and frilly. You shouldn't be embarrassed about pink hearts on Valentine's day. As my best friend put it: "Without them, it would be like Christmas without the tree. It's just part of the holiday."

#2. Anything can become a Valentine. Write love notes on the mirror, in food, on sticky notes or if your like me, in the dust on your entertainment center ;)

#3. Smells always set the mood. Lavender increases respiratory rate, and the smell of a rose reduces blood pressure. Orange was used by ancient Eygyptians for arousal. Rawr!

With little money for decorating, I used what I had around the house for the love holiday. I filled my apothacary jars with homemade Valentines, and used the toole from a bouquet of flowers to show them off:


I found this "Love" frame at Michaels in the Christmas section, which meant it was 90% off! This frame cost me 69cents. I used a flower hole punch and some pink paper I had to make the flowery accents. My new Plantation Scentsy warmer with the fruity Home Sweet Home scent and a bouquet of flowers made my house ready for the 14th!

No comments:

Post a Comment