Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reading Lamp

I got this idea from the Big-Ass Book of Crafts by Mark Montano. In his book, he used pages from a book to cover up an ugly ceiling lighting fixture, but I decided to make my own reading lamp.
All I needed was:
A cute lamp
(I got mine at a thrift store for $3)
A lamp shade
(same thrift store for $1)
A book you don't think is worth anyone reading
(I won't say what book I used here, but I thought it was garbage)
Paper Clips
Access to a lamination machine
(optional for laminating the book pages)

Here's what my lamp looks like when it's not being used:


And here it is all lit up when I'm reading Jane Austen:

I think this would make a great gift for anyone that loves to read, just make sure you pick a book they don't love!

Again, please leave a comment if you would like a tutorial

2 comments:

  1. Woot woot Big-Ass Book of Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how but I found your blog today (and your mom's!) and I love it!!

    I SOO love this lamp idea too. So, can I get a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete