Saturday, February 6, 2010

Valentine's Day Candles

I've been desperate for something V-day to put around my house, but with a college-student budget, there isn't much room for the overpriced red and pink decorations. But I found these pillar candles that I rarely use (thank you Scentsy!), and decided to make them the Valentine's day decor I've been longing for.
So, with no further ado, here is Apple Inspired Creation's very first

TUTORIAL!

Super Boring Pillar Candle:

All you need is:
Tissue Paper
Scissors
A little glue
Iron (or embossing gun)


Cut out a heart from the tissue paper
(I crinkled it up for a wrinkled effect)
and using just a dab of glue, place it wherever you desire


Holding your iron a few inches away from the heart,
use the steam function several times.
This melts the wax just enough to make your tissue heart adhere to the candle.
(An emobossing gun works for this too... I just don't have one.)

Embellish your new Valentine's Day candles and use them for a romantic February 14th!

2 comments: