Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cross your fingers!

The good news is, my table was not disqualified like I thought it might be (I was worried they would consider my ruffle something other than a ruffle)

The better news is, you can see my entry among the 567 at RufflesandStuff.com! It's in the second slide show.

And the BEST news is, as far as I can tell, I am the only entry that used something other than fabric/cloth to make my ruffle! Go me.

The winner is announced tomorrow, and even if I don't make it in the top ten, I'm proud of my little table, and I'm proud that it got to sit among some REALLY intense competition. Let's just say I wouldn't bet on me winning ;)

Speaking of tables: Our friend across the street, Stephanie, just moved this weekend and BEGGED us to take her desk that she was trying to get rid of. I was worried about where we would put it, but wanted to help out a friend. It ended up not being as huge as I had thought and I now have an official CRAFT STATION!


The desk is pretty beat up. The bottom drawer doesn't close all the way, it looks like a cat attacked the corners, and someone named "Willy" proudly carved his name on the top. But I love it anyway, and who knows- maybe I'll take a chance and try to re-do this. Pretty sure I'd need my mom's help on that one...

Anyway, I know this doesn't begin to compare to Scott's grandma's craft room, but it's a start.

1 comment: